NACEC is recruiting a
National Hub Network Manager
The National Association of Community Enterprise Centres (NACEC) is the national representative organisation for community enterprise centres and coworking hubs in Ireland. Across over 120 communities, NACEC supports, promotes and develops the regional enterprise environment as they:
- lead and enable enterprise revitalisation through creative and innovative economic development solutions,
- provide a powerhouse of entrepreneurial activity and job creation in their area,
- deliver positive long-term sustainable impacts on regional economic and social prosperity.
The new National Hub Network Manager will work alongside all local and regional enterprise hub managers, community, social and enterprise development leaders, local & national government, state agencies and academia to deliver balanced, sustainable and transformational change, growth and future proofing of the enterprise centre and coworking hub business model in Ireland to enable the sector to continue to accelerate economic recovery in all regions of the country by delivering on the potential of local and regional enterprise strengths.
About the Role
The National Hub Network Manager will lead the delivery of NACEC’s Strategic Plan for the enterprise hub sector in Ireland, which was launched with the support of Minister Heather Humphreys in October 2019, and will work closely with the NACEC Board of Directors and local & national stakeholders / partners to support communities and regions with the impact and recovery challenges and opportunities presented by Covid-19.
As remote / flexible working and blended learning become ever more constant in our daily lives and routines it is important that the national hub infrastructure is ready to facilitate these new hybrid models by providing clean, safe and professionally managed services and facilities that can meet the requirements of a varied client base which might include Startups, SMEs, staff and executives from large Corporates or MNCs as well as public sector employees, social enterprises and education / training providers. Hubs need to be connected, flexible, highly adaptable and an important driver and facilitator of community and regional economic, enterprise and ecosystem development where structured learning, collaboration, innovation, diversity, inclusion and sustainability are core values that all stakeholders can embrace.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Managing, overseeing and directing all aspects of NACEC operations including strategy implementation, finance, memberships, training, marketing, events (and all related activities), and facilitate the operation of key NACEC Strategic Advisory Boards/Committees as required,
- Developing strong, productive and collaborative working relationships with members, their clients, hub managers, community and ecosystem development leaders and all other relevant external stakeholders from public, private, educational/training, community and social enterprise sectors to ensure that the vision and objectives of the organisation are delivered,
- Supporting, promoting and developing a culture of innovation, collaboration & entrepreneurship within the organisation and across Ireland’s community and regional enterprise sector,
- Exploring and securing additional sources of government and/or EU funding and finding new income generation opportunities for NACEC, its members and its clients,
- Designing and leading effective interventions to increase the number and quality of connections, innovations, collaborations and partnerships among network members and other relevant national and international stakeholders in order to maximise economic impact and social prosperity,
- Developing membership models further, matching the existing models with new audiences through different value propositions that benefit, members, communities, regions and Ireland,
- Ideating, strategizing and executing on the internal and external communications of NACEC,
- Initiating and executing creative and innovative activities, events and programmes to engage, support and develop Ireland’s community and regional enterprise sector,
- Working to ensure best practice Governance in line with the Good Governance code is achieved in the operation and growth of NACEC – Ireland’s Enterprise Hub Network,
Key Skills & Experience:
- A QQI level 8 Degree in Business, Management or a related discipline is essential,
- Minimum 5 years professional and relevant industry/sector experience is essential,
- Excellent IT, digital media, presentation, reporting, business & financial planning skills and experience is essential,
- Ability, and a proven track record, in planning, promoting and delivering major local, regional and national projects, events and initiatives that support and promote economic and enterprise development, multi-sectoral and multi-regional clustering, sustainability and social prosperity,
- Ability to strategically and tactically manage, lead and negotiate with large teams, groups, organisations and networks in order to deliver on the organisations vision and objectives,
- Ability to connect, lead, motivate and inspire people both online and offline,
- Strong PR, marketing and digital content creation skills and experience,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Full clean ‘B’ driving licence is essential for this role.
Location: Home, Hub & HQ
Contract Type: Full-time & Flexible
Contract Duration: 3 Year fixed term contract subject to 11 month probationary period
Reporting Structure: Reporting directly to the Board of Directors of NACEC clg.
Deadline for Applications: 19th October 2020
How To Apply: Email a CV and Cover Letter to [email protected]
(Only CVs and Cover Letters submitted directly to [email protected] will be considered or accepted)
This position is being part-funded under the governments
Regional Enterprise Development Fund (REDF) which is administered by
NACEC is an equal opportunities employer.